City of Jourdanton Mayor Robert Williams reported that: “On Monday May 15, 2023, our City Council will consider the next steps towards moving forward with our TX DOT $5 million sidewalk grant application,” which he added he and Mayor Pro-Tem Gonzales having been working with City Manager Martinez since December 2022 to move forward.”
- The City of Jourdanton offers an attached survey link- https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/jourdantonsidewalks - provided by M&S Engineering and Langford Consulting, the City of Jourdanton’s consulting partners in this TX DOT grant- to an online survey which greatly helps the city in affirming our sidewalk needs and planned sidewalk plan.
Supportive City of Jourdanton community feedback regarding our needs and sidewalk strategy is needed in order to be favorably considered by TX DOT in awarding the city this very competitive grant:
- Residents can affirm our city sidewalk needs by completing the attached Survey Monkey Survey. Online survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/jourdantonsidewalks
- Attached is a QR code link to the M & S Engineering sidewalk engineering plans.
- The city invites written emailed support by Friday May 26, 2023 at email@example.com - supporting the city’s designed, planned sidewalk grant application. This is a major grading factor considered by TX DOT’S evaluation of The city’s grant application.
- A City of Jourdanton Town Hall Meeting will be held at City Hall on Wednesday May 17, 2023, at 5:30 pm to welcome additional support.
City Councilmember Norma Ortiz stated: “The funding for this project will provide our city with the funds to build sidewalks to provide safer access throughout our city to community services. i.e. our JISD campus, travel from the Old Jourdanton Park to the Sports Complex and City Hall and a safe path along both sides of Highway 97 northward to Pleasanton to benefit our Jourdanton businesses.”
Mayor Pro-Tem Chester Gonzales stated: “As planned and proposed the sidewalk path includes sidewalks:
- Southbound on both sides of Highway 16 from both Old Jourdanton Park entrances to Highway 97.
- Eastbound on both sides of Highway 97 from Highway 16 to the Pleasanton city limits.
- Sidewalks around three sides of the JISD campus. The sidewalk project in front of the JISD campus along Highway 16 is included in another city sponsored project.
- On the east side of Champion Drive from Highway 97 to the Aquatic Center. The west side- vacant lot- of Champion Drive is outside of the city.”
See QR Code with engineering plan information:
City Manager Bobby J. Martinez stated: “Positive community support of the planned project is a highly rated grant application evaluation factor considered by TXDOT in grading the merits of our pending competitive grant.”
At this time, it will help the City of Jourdanton’s grant application if citizens individually use the attached letter of support and/or invite but civic organization i.e., churches, Little League, JISD community, JVFD, non-profits, and community leaders to submit letter of support by Friday May 26, 2023.”
The City has included a draft letter of support for your use on your company letterhead.
Obviously, customize the letter to suit your relationship to the project.
Martinez stated: “Like most grant funded projects, the project has a very quick turnaround, with supported planned applications due at the beginning of June.”
Letter of Support